TZ Centurion™ Wiegand Translator
Interfacing with Input Devices.
The TZ Centurion Wiegand Translator device connects to a TZ Centurion network and provides access control by interpreting a Wiegand data stream from third party credential readers such as RFID and biometric scanners. The device also provides a constant 12V DC output to power the third party credential reader.
The TZ Centurion Wiegand Translator can also operate as a stand-alone unit with an attached 3rd party credential reader to control a small group of networked TZ Locking devices.
- Allows third-party Wiegand credential reader devices to trigger the TZ Centurion system.
- Powered from the TZ structured cable network.
- Screw terminals for connection to third party Wiegand device.
- Provides third party reader with external power, 12/24vdc bus power pass-through or 12vdc from TZ bus via integrated transformer.
- Supports industry standard Wiegand authentication devices such as card readers and biometric scanners.
- Uses structured cabling for power and data facilitating easy and economical installation.
- Features simple installation procedure to connect third party credential readers to the TZ network.
- Compact size and form facilitates easy installation.
- Communicates an audit trail of authorised and unauthorised attempts.
- Can be used as a stand-alone controller for a smaller network of TZ devices.
- Allows organisations to use their preferred credential reader on the TZ Centurion System.